What Is A Pregnancy Center? Is it for me?
If you’re handling an unplanned pregnancy or think you may be pregnant, you might not be sure how to get the support and the information you need.
You probably know about abortion clinics, but you may also have heard of pregnancy resource centers – or simply pregnancy clinics or pregnancy centers – like Legacy Pregnancy Center.
What is the difference? How do you decide where to go when you need accurate pregnancy information to help you make an informed decision?
What is a Pregnancy Center?
A pregnancy center – like Legacy – is a nonprofit community clinic that primarily serves pregnant women and mothers with young babies. There are more than 2,700 pregnancy resource centers in the United States.
Pregnancy centers offer free, confidential pregnancy services in a caring environment. Legacy and other pregnancy centers also provide medically accurate information you need to make your decision.
There are two main types of pregnancy resource centers.
- The first is a traditional pregnancy resource center that offers free pregnancy testing and options mentoring. Other services often include parenting classes, baby supplies, and support for women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy and are needing help.
- Others are pregnancy clinics that work under the direction of an MD and feature licensed medical professionals. In addition to the services offered by traditional pregnancy resource centers, pregnancy clinics also offer medical services. Legacy is this type of pregnancy center, providing ultrasounds and STD testing.
What Does a Pregnancy Resource Center Do?
A pregnancy center like Legacy is different from an abortion clinic in a few crucial ways. To decide where to get free pregnancy support, you’ll want to consider some important things.
Pregnancy Resource Centers…
- Are always free. Unlike abortion clinics, Legacy and other pregnancy centers do not sell you anything.
- Provide services related to pregnancy and sexual health. While different pregnancy clinics vary in the services they offer, Legacy offers comprehensive pregnancy resource referrals, pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, medically accurate abortion information, and STI/STD testing/treatment.
- Educate you regarding the development of your baby. At Legacy we use an app customized to your due date to show you videos of every stage of fetal development.
- Talk with you about all your options and won’t pressure you in your pregnancy decision.
- Provide ongoing follow-up and pregnancy support. From one-on-one mentoring, to free baby items, to regular check-ins, Legacy is here when you need resources to help you continue your pregnancy. We offer free childbirth and parenting classes that provide the information, life skills, and free baby items you need to prepare for parenting and to give your baby a successful start in life.
How Can a Pregnancy Center Help Me?
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, or suspect you may be pregnant, it can be a frightening and difficult time. You need a safe place to turn for compassionate care and accurate information.
That’s why Legacy Pregnancy Center is here for you. Get started by contacting us to schedule your appointment. We will listen to your concerns, answer all your questions, and give you the free, confidential support you’re seeking.